Saturday, May 22, 2010

5/22/2010 Kenosha, Wisconsin and Lake Michigan

Today after my class was over, I headed to the Bobby Nelson Cheese Shop on I-84 in Kenosha to purchase some famous Wisconsin cheese curds and sausages. The man in the shop was very nice, and sent me to the waterfront area of Kenosha for my walk. Wow! What a  treat. My walk today was 2.1 miles through a nice park right along Lake Michigan. The trail actually goes through three parks that are connected, Simmons Island, LakeView, and Pennoyer. It was foggy out over the lake, so visibility wasn't too great in that direction, but otherwise it was very nice. It was in the mid 60s, with a slight breeze, that actually was refreshing. Lots of peoplewere taking advantage of the parks, picnicking, playing in the sand, walking hand-in-hand, cruising in their cars. I saw birds, seagulls, squirrels, and unfortunately, what appeared to be a dead seal on the beach. The best, though, was fog horn coming from the lighthouse, sounding its warnings to the boats every few minutes. It was almost surreal to think that yesterday I was in Washington and today I was taking a stroll along Lake Michigan. This is a good thing I am doing!  Here is my route:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/730148  Don't expect too much tomorrow. I teach until 5:00 then head to Milwaukee for a nonstop flight home, arriving home about midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment