Monday, May 17, 2010

5/16/2010 The Port of Skagit

As much as any of you who read this are probably tired of hearing about my walks at the port, it is a convenient place to walk with such a variety of routes. Since I didn't head out until after 4:30 PM, the Port ended up being my destination, and I walked the outer loop. 2.1 miles today. Lots of activity here, even for this late on a Sunday afternoon. Looked like some sort of motorcycle competition at the airport. At first I thought that strange, but then they do have long strips of cement. It was very humid today, and even with just a Tshirt, it was warm. I can't imagine living in the South where it is humid all day every day. Today I noticed all the Hawthorn trees now that my mom pointed them out. In one area, there were at least 15 that I counted.
In the parking lot today, I saw an animal that I cannot identify. It looked like it might be something like a ferret, but the coloring was odd. It was sort of reddish and tan. It came running towards me in the parking lot, but before I could take a picture of it, it ran off into the grass. I'll probably look for it every time I walk up there now, however, with the abundance of eagles and hawks, I can't imagine it would live long around there. I noticed today that I haven't seen the heron around lately. I think it is nesting season for them. Anyway--another great day! Here's my route: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/721785

No comments:

Post a Comment