Thursday, May 13, 2010

5/13/2010 Chased by Geese


After traipsing around the county the past few days and finding trouble yesterday, Christie and I headed to the Port trails today in the interest of time. I was fitting my walk in between two appointments, so we only had an hour.  We did the upper trail, 2.26 miles. The trees have all grown in and shaded the woods even more, forming a very nice canopy to walk through. It was very nice out today--didn't even need a jacket, walked in my short sleeved shirt. I have been waiting for weather like this for a long time now, it seems. The walk was very uneventful until we got nearly back to the car and passed the duck pond where two very large geese reside. My friend Christie thought it would be nice to wave to them, and they headed right for us. I thought it would be fun to get a picture of them, but the REALLY didn't like that idea, and started chasing us. I snapped my picture, took a moment to see how it turned out, looked up, and here they came--right for me. Yikes! I actually had to take off running, because they were closing in. I looked for an avenue of escape, but could find nothing but a deep ditch that I really didn't want to fall in to, so I just kept going, hoping they would stop---they eventually did! Whew! Geese can be pretty mean. Meaner than the security guy at the refinery yesterday, that's for sure.  I'll be sure and stay out of the geese's way next time I come by here. Might be on their watch list too!  Here's our route today, 2.26 miles.  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/717038

No comments:

Post a Comment