Thursday, May 13, 2010

5/10/2010 Worn Out

I think I wore out my Mom and Tony. We ran a lot of errands today, and by the time we got back home, it was already close to 5:30 PM, so I left them at home and headed to the Burlington Dike Trail for a walk and a little alone time. Today wasn't as nice as the weekend had been as far as weather. It was a little cool and overcast, but it was nice to get out and walk.  There was lots of action on the playfields by the dike--baseball mostly. Seeing the parents head to the games carrying their lawn chairs made me think of all the years we either watched games or coached games. Kind of glad I'm not having to do that right now. It will be the Grantie kids that we watch next, but I think I have a few years before that happens. 
 I noticed today on the trail that the water on the Skagit seemed to be a bit higher than it has been; not too much of a sand bar left on the river. That's a good thing, I think. I'll have to pay more attention next winter to see if it's something that happens every year.
I only walked for just over 30 minutes, because I needed to get back home to fix dinner, so not too long of a walk today. But it was nice!  Here's my route: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/714105

No comments:

Post a Comment