Friday, February 26, 2010

2/26/2010 Search and Rescue

I just about had to call out for Search and Rescue today. Have you ever gone somewhere new and another person has driven, so you paid no attention to directions or where you were? I have walked the Port trails many, many times in the past 2 months, but quite often I have been with my friend Christie, who has led the way. Today I tried to follow one of those routes, and had no idea where I was. I ended up by the headquarters for the Sherriff's dept. Search and Rescue office, and thought about stopping in...but I didn't.
Yesterday I was talking about how lucky I was that I hadn't been rained on in my walks--well, I spoke too soon. About 23 minutes into my walk, it started sprinkling, and it was really coming down the last 10 minutes. It was an ugly day--windy, rainy, temp in the high 40s.  Truly not nice out.  I never really felt comfortable during my entire walk. First I didn't know where I was going or where I was during the walk. Then I got too hot--wrong clothes on. I am having a hard time figuring out how to layer and what the layers should be; then it seemed my shin and hip hurt a bit; then it started raining--just not a great walk. But, it was a walk.
Today I read my friend Kathy's blog on her Mediterranean Cruise she is on. She makes my blog look pathetic--she is such a creative writer while I am a technical writer.  When we worked together, I would write a piece first, including all the details and information, and then have her put what we called "the fluff" into it. Made for a good team. Makes for not too interesting of a blog on my part.  Three more days and it will be two months. Wow! You can see my route here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/629705

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your very interesting blog. You are inspiring us all. My dog would LOVE it if I took him for a walk tonight, but it is raining and I am not as disciplined as you... Plus I have to get all my presos done for NCCE... :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete