Thursday, February 25, 2010

2/25/2010 Around the Loop

I have been so fortunate this week that I have been able to walk every day and never in the rain. Hope I haven't spoken too soon. Even though it rains at night, it seems to clear by the afternoon. Actually, if you know this area, we have less rain here than in Seattle. Anyway, today I did my neighborhood 2.5 mile Country Club loop. Just to mix things up, I decided to go the opposite way I usually go, not sure it made any difference. In order to walk this loop you have to go up and down hills--no matter which direction.  Everything is in bloom, rhodies, azaleas, crocuses, daffodils, cherry trees. It's really quite pretty.
I thought this picture did a good job of depicting the day, sun shining on the cherry tree, with a looming black sky in the background.
Walking around the country club is pretty interesting from an architectural point of view. Most of the houses lining the golf course are of the 60s ranch style and haven't been updated. Others are the 70s style split level houses. It's sort of like going back in time. The newest homes are along the back side of the country club. It's a well established area with huge fir, cedar, hemlock, and spruce trees.
A lady who was at least 15 years older than me smoked me on my walk today--and I thought I was going fast. Well, I was for me: 2.9 MPH today (remember my goal is 3 MPH), and that was average and included a few stops for pictures, so I think I am there.  Good workout today!  See my route and data here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/629133

No comments:

Post a Comment