Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3/23/2010 Needing Energy

Wow! Tired! Exhausted! Today was a recovery day. Pretty much on the couch all day, napping off and on. I finally drug myself to the shower about 4:00 PM and headed out for a walk close to 6. It was a beautiful day, and in the mid 50s as I left the house. I really enjoy walking in the late afternoon and early evening, and now that it stays light until 7:30 PM, I can look forward to more of those twilight walks. The birds are often quite busy about then talking to one another, the ducks are flying back to their ponds, and a lot seems to be happening. Usually the wind has died down by then, too, if there is any at all. Today there was no wind. In fact, I walked in some lightweight exercise pants and a windbreaker that I bought two years ago and have never been able to wear, because it didn't fit well. Although I can't tell much of a difference on the scales, I can notice a difference in how my clothes are fitting. I guess that's a plus.
I got a bit spooked today on my walk. I was going to take a route that I take often at the port, but as I was walking on the trail, ahead of me was a man dressed in Carhart overalls, a wool cap, gloves, and heavy shoes. Seemed a bit weird to me on such a nice afternoon. He stopped at the end of the trail and sat down where the trail goes into the woods. At that point, I decided to turn around and head back the way I came, following the path along the road. I am pretty sure he was harmless; maybe he just got off work somewhere, but no way was I going into the woods. Better safe than sorry...as the saying goes. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60s, so I am thinking I might find a new trail to walk tomorrow. I should be rested up by then.  My AllSport didn't pick up my whole route today on the tracking part, but it did measure the distance okay. I managed 2.36 miles in 49 minutes, a pretty good pace. My route today is here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/655424

No comments:

Post a Comment