Monday, March 22, 2010

3/22/2010 Back Home--Again!

I arrived home today at 4:00 PM and by 5:00 I had on my sweats and walking shoes and was on the trail at the Port of Skagit. Although traveling is great fun most of the time, and I have the opportunity to see new things or have new experiences, like my walk yesterday, it always feels good to come home. When it is a sunny day in the 50s, it's even nicer. As soon as I got out of the car today, I swear I could smell the saltwater, even though I am a few miles away from the bay. Add to that, they had mowed the grass along the walking trail, so my entire walk today had that smell of new mowed grass.
I kept up a pretty fast pace and walked 2.8 miles in 50 minutes. All together today, I walked 4.37 miles. I opted to walk to the MasterPark car lot to get my car instead of riding their shuttle--adds a few extra steps, but felt good after being in a plane for 3 hours.
You can't see it well in this picture, but far off in the distance the daffodils are all in bloom. I suspect the tulips aren't far behind. As beautiful as it was the last couple of days in Colorado, nothing beats the green we have here in the Pacific Northwest. All along my walk today were sure signs of spring. Even the blackberry bushes looked nice today with their new green leaves, and many trees are now full of all new shoots. I should have counted all the shades of green I saw today.  Luckily, I have a few days at home to enjoy my local walks now until my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment