Saturday, March 20, 2010

3/19/2010 Airports and Snow

What a switch a day makes. 2.9 miles today, mostly in airports: LaGuardia, Minneapolis, and Denver.  It was a beautiful day when I left New York; in fact I heard the temperature got to be near 70 on Friday. By the time I got to Denver, however, it was 30 degrees and snowing like crazy.  I made a conscious effort to walk as much as I could in between flights, but when I got to Colorado and it was snowing, I was a bit concerned. I had no hat or gloves. I headed to Colorado Springs in near blizzard conditions, as the picture shows. Of course, I had to take my hands off the steering wheel to get this picture, so I guess it wasn't that bad. After all, you could still see pavement. However, there had been many accidents as this snowstorm hit people by surprise, so I pulled off at an Outlet mall and did some walking there to add a few steps to my mileage.  I did go into a few stores, but I bared the weather and walked as much as I could. Mind you, this was an outside mall. I am looking forward to being able to go for a REAL walk tomorrow. Hope it doesn't snow again.

1 comment: