Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3/9/2010 Lake Padden

Today I returned to Lake Padden in Bellingham for my walk. The last time I walked that trail was January 6th. Today I walked the route 7 minutes faster than two months ago, which makes me feel good about my pace, but I also noticed how much stronger my legs are getting.  There are some minor up and down hills on this route on the back side of the lake through the trees. I noticed today how much more stable I am walking downhill and how much stronger I am going uphill. I also noticed that not near as many people are passing me. Today a jogger passed me only twice on the route, not bad considering those early days when people were passing me three or more times on a 2 mile walk.  When I first arrived today, it was windy, with white caps on the water, but by the time I came around off the back side, it was nicer; the sun was out, and it had turned into a beautiful day. Lots of people were out walking their dogs. In fact I think I and only one other set of walkers I saw were the only ones without a dog. The jogger I mentioned had a beautiful German Sheppard, unleashed, who stuck right with his owner on his run. I thought about all the other people I know with dogs; not sure how many of them would be able to jog on a populated trail like that with their dog unleashed. 2.5 miles today in 55 minutes. Full data here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/639409

No comments:

Post a Comment