Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3/10/2010 The Port Again

It seems that whenever our time is pressed for walking, we head to the Port Trails, but that's okay because with 10 miles of trails, I can change routes nearly every time.  Today my friend Christie and I walked the route along Ovenell Road. Last time I did this route was February 12. It is about 2.9 miles, and today we walked it in an hour. Pretty good time, getting faster.  Missed the rain again today, although it was a bit chilly. Seems to be raining at night and not during the day, good for walking. 
Didn't hear too many birds today, but when I walk with someone else, we are talking a lot, so I don't tend to hear the sounds. We did see the eagles today in the lower field, and I have found a tree that seems to be home to a pair of hawks.
The trail was a bit muddy today from the rain we have had, but it really is a pretty trail, and as you can see in the picture, new grass had sprung up along the sides of the trail giving it a good contrast. Today marks 69 straight days of walking. I am thankful for good health and the time to enjoy these walks.  My route today can be found here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/639960

No comments:

Post a Comment